We want your feedback! Click on the link below.
Thank You for Your Interest in the Stigma-Free Society’s
Student Mental Health Toolkit and Virtual Stigma-Free Presentations
The Society’s virtual presentations program offers LIVE 45-minute sessions for students via an online platform, where a presenter shares about their journey with stigma and the intersecting mental health issues they have faced. The program also provides a co-presenter that facilitates the online presentation with their deep knowledge around mental health.
PROGRAM REGISTRATION INFORMATION
The Virtual Stigma-Free Presentations are generally offered by donation to the Stigma-Free Society.
In past years, schools and/or districts have made a donation to the Society for receiving a presentation at their school. However, the Society recognizes that a donation is not always possible, and presenters can virtually visit schools on a no-cost basis.
The Student Mental Health Toolkit provides access to a robust and engaging documentary series that is offered as part of the Virtual Stigma-Free Presentations.
We highly recommend that students view the Student Mental Health Toolkit documentaries before engaging in a virtual presentation to gain further knowledge about overall stigma and mental health.
It is important that the Stigma-Free Society’s educational resources are effective and accessible to all schools.
Fill out this contact form to contact us and receive access.
How Your Donation Helps
Your donation will go towards:
- Program Development: The Toolkit will be updated on an ongoing basis with content.
- Program Delivery: Notably the Virtual Stigma-Free Presenters for schools.
- Helping our Charity adapt through this difficult time of COVID-19 and allow us to continue offering valuable educational mental health resources.
- Marketing and promotion of our programs by expanding reach of the program.
- Supporting our Stigma-Free Society staff and Virtual Stigma-Free Presenters for the Stigma-Free School Program financially.
- Engaging experts on mental health and education to enhance the Toolkit.
We embrace all schools and districts across Canada and we understand whole heartedly if cost is an issue, so please contact us to discuss how to make the adoption of the Toolkit possible for you.
Connect With Us
The Virtual Stigma-Free Presentations include access to documentary videos, an Educator’s Guide, Student Activities, Mental Wellness Lesson Plans and the option to virtually host a Stigma-Free presentation in schools.
Our presenters generally interact with students for 45 minutes to 1 hour via ZOOM or the Microsoft Teams platform.
Here are some of the resources that schools are provided:
Educator Guides for the Virtual Stigma-Free School Program
Stigma-Free Documentary Videos
Dave Richardson’s Story
Dave Richardson, Co-Founder and Chairman of the Stigma-Free Society, shares his story of facing bullying, depression and anxiety.
Lucas opens up about his diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder and his journey of overcoming stigma.
Mia shares her unique experiences of living with dissociative identity disorder, formerly known as split personality disorder and the stigma she’s faced.
The Student Mental Health Toolkit is a valuable educational resource that includes:
- Mental Wellness Lesson Plans for Grades 4-7 and 8-12 aligning with B.C. school curriculum guidelines. These resources are cross-curricular and are applied in numerous course subjects. Lesson Plans are created on an ongoing basis by Samara Liberman, B.A. Equity Studies, M.A. Elementary Teaching and Education
- Section devoted to Diverse-ability and Inclusion with many resources including an engaging comic book, personal experiences from those with diverse-abilities and steps to achieving inclusion at schools.
- Countless resources that include animated videos and unique mental health resources that emphasize the importance of reaching out for help.
- And much more!
Donation Suggestions For Virtual Stigma-Free Presentations
Based on Ability to Donate
$0 – $1000 Per Presentation
PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT
$0 – $12500 For Presentations For All Schools
We understand that not all schools may be able to make a donation, so please contact us by filling out the form below, and we can work together to make the Stigma-Free presentations program available at your school.
Staff and Volunteers (Co-Creators of the Toolkit)
- Andrea Paquette, President/Co-Founder of the Stigma-Free Society, B.A. Social Sciences, Certified in Mental Health First Aid and ASIST Suicide Prevention
- Madeleine Clarkson, B.A. French/Education Concentration, Communications and Programs Manager, Stigma-Free Society
- Samara Liberman, B.A. Equity Studies, M.A. Elementary Teaching and Education
- Lynsey Henry, Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC), School Counsellor and Former Elementary School Teacher
- Dr. Dana Wasserman, Registered Psychologist, Vancouver, B.C.
- Dr. Chris Richardson, Research Associate and Scientist, University of British Columbia
- Lindsay Goulet, Ph.D. Exercise Physiology, Former Community Development Manager for the Stigma-Free Society